Saturday, February 04, 2017

Cinder - Book Breakdown



Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.





Book Breakdown 

I mostly enjoyed this book. It was simple and easy to follow with so much foreshadowing that it drove me insane. I knew she was the damn princess when it was first mentioned. It was fast paced and I did read it all in one sitting. I was never bored, it that going for it at least. 

I will say the reasons I had for not wanting to read this series were justified. It's written more like a middle grade novel in my opinion. I also didn't like that she was part cyborg. I'm not really into Sci-Fi. I like only one series that is Sci-Fi. So yeah this was pretty doomed from the start I guess. 

I will say that I love Kai, I think he's a pretty good character, though he can be a little bit stupid at times. He's an emperor yet he's so quick to bow down to this stupid bitchy Lunar Queen instead of doing everything he can to find a better way.   

I don't like the end, we don't even get to see what happens to Cinder, I feel cheated, like this book wasn't finished. I think hype is what killed this book for me mostly. EVERYONE loves this series and I'm so heartbroken that I didn't love it too. 

I love being in these huge fandoms and talking about books I love with others but in this case... I'm sorry. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm one of the ones who loved it. I do understand that you felt it was incomplete. It really is because the entire series tells the whole story. But if you didn't find much enjoyment with the first book, you probably wouldn't like the rest much. It is disappointing when you don't like a series everyone else likes. For me is was the Shatter Me series. Couldn't stand it.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I've been hearing all the hype around this series for years but I've never read them.

    Sorry you didn't like the book more. I've been seeing a few negative reviews on this book lately. Hopefully your next read will be better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reason for not liking this one is the same one that has kept me from reading it, the fact that she's a cyborg. I can read some sci-fi but I don't get the whole robot thing. I hope you have better luck with your next book!

    ReplyDelete