Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Review - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone



Description  



Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who are mean to him and make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. (Dudley, however, has two bedrooms, one to sleep in and one for all his toys and games.) Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed forever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! The first book in the "Harry Potter" series makes the perfect introduction to the world of Hogwarts.















Book Breakdown


My boyfriend finally got me to read this book. It was too the point he brought it up into almost every conversation. So I read it. Here is my honest thoughts and feelings.


Harry Potter is just a poorly treated kid. Those Dursleys need to be shot and killed! I think Harry would've been better off with foster parents or something. At least the would've wanted him. Harry is a sweet kid. After much hassle and sadness he finally gets his letter. And he's off to Hogwarts! The greatest school ever. Seriously, I want to go! He meets new friends and even stops the bad guy. Before having to go back to the those awful people.


This book was good. There was an interesting plot and characters and the world. God the world! I wish this world were real! I all of the little details the author put into the world. She really knows her stuff. The reason I give this book 4 instead of 5 stars is because it feels a little rushed and not as well detailed as I would've liked. My boyfriend says it gets better so I can't wait!!!









Favorite Quotes

1) "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

2) “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Will you be reading the rest of the series?

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smell a fangirl being born! Welcome to the club :P These books get better and better, don't worry! Great review, and I loved the Dumbledore quotes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dumbledore is my favorite so far! I've seen him in all the movies and just <3 he's amazing. Yes, I'm a total fangirl now! I'm currently listening to the third one on audio book :)

      Delete
  4. Yay I'm so glad you're liking HP!!! It's one of my all-time favorite series! Like less reality more books said, welcome to the HP fangirl club! :) we're cool people =p question - what house do you think you would be in? I'm a total ravenclaw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll always love this book! Great review!

    ReplyDelete